COVID-19: AFFECTED LIBRARY SERVICES - PLEASE NOTE THAT STONY STRATFORD LIBRARY REMAINS CLOSED.
However Bletchley, Kingston, Newport Pagnell, Westcroft and Wolverton Libraries are now open with the following revised hours:
Tuesday — 10am to 4pm
Wednesday — 10am to 4pm
Thursday — 10am to 4pm
Friday — 10am to 4pm
Saturday — 10am to 12noon
Services are limited. (see the website for full information): https://www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/libraries.
Please note you can also use their eLibrary online services. www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/libraries. Services include offering access to eBooks, eAudiobooks, digital newspapers and magazines, databases, resources and children’s activities.
If you would like to contact the Milton Keynes Libraries service you can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can call from 9-5 Mon-Fri on: 01908 254050 and they will be happy to help.
Your local Librarian celebrates 40 years of service!
Your local Stony Stratford Librarian Linda has just celebrated 40 years working for the library service this June 2020! What a fabulous service to the community. Well done Linda!
Stony Stratford Library opening hours are:
Tuesday 9am – 5.00pm
Wednesday 9am – 5.00pm
Thursday 9am - 7.00pm
Friday 9am – 5.00pm
Saturday 9am – 1pm
Sunday - closed
Please note that the Library is manned by volunteers from 9am - 10am daily Tuesday to Saturday and from 5pm - 7pm on Thursdays. Outside of these hours the Library will be manned by the normal Library staff.
Tel: 01908 562562
There are weekly Storytime sessions for under 5's every Thursday from 11.00-11.30am.
The Knit and Natter group at Stony Stratford Library meets 2.30-4.30pm every Wednesday. Beginners and experts are all welcome - just bring along your needles and wool.
Come and join Crafting For Change, a friendly weekly craft group that meets every Tuesday during term time at the Library. All are welcome from beginners to more experienced crafters. For further details please see here.
Home Library Service
Did you know that Milton Keynes Libraries also offer a home library service for those who love to read but find it difficult to visit a library. For further details on the home library service please see here.
Did you know?
- You can join from aged 1 day old.
- You can borrow books ( in several languages, and large print too) DVDs, CDs, magazines, books on CD or cassette and playstations games.
- We can get books from other libraries in the UK for you.
- Members get FREE access to computers for 30 minutes per day.
- You can visit the virtual library here and there are lots of online services available to members ( family history websites, newspapers, dictionaries …)
- You can send and receive faxes.
- You can join in LOTS of activities, meet authors, join reading groups or sing along at our children’s and babies’ stories, songs and rhymes sessions (dads are very welcome too).
- We are also open some evenings and Saturdays and even Sundays at Westcroft Library and at Kingston Library.
- You can hop on to the mobile library at one of the 71 places including a stop in Fullers Slade.
Come and join (remember to bring proof of ID like a driving licence or a recent bill) or if you have not visited us for a while then come and see us again.
Click here for more information.
Hire of the Library
The Library and meeting space are available to hire via the Town Council. For details please see here.