Click & Collect Library Service at York House Centre
While Stony Stratford Library is closed for refurbishment, the wonderful volunteers from FOSSL are providing a collection and return point at York House, London Road, Stony Stratford MK11 1JQ on Tuesdays between 10am and 12 noon (the service commenced on Tuesday 7th September 2021).
- Browse the library catalogue and reserve your books online using your account login details as normal.
- Reservation charges will show on your library account but do not need to be paid. These charges will be waived at the point that books are issued to your library card.
- You can place 6 reservations at any one time.
- When you are asked where to collect your books from, select the option that says 'Stony Stratford Library' but remember to collect them from York House.
- Items will be issued to your library card before being sent to York House, so you may find titles shown on your account that you haven't received yet. Please don't worry.
- You will be emailed or phoned to say when your books are ready for collection and you will have two weeks to collect your items, before they are returned to stock.
- Books will remain on your account until they arrive at Central Library for processing. You will not incur any fines.
- Books can be returned to York House on Tuesdays 10am-12pm.
Library Update: June 2021
Stratford Library is now closed for refurbishment until Winter 2021. If you still have books you haven't managed to return, don't worry - they will be automatically renewed until the library reopens, so you won't have any charges.
5-7 Church Street Refurbishment Project UPDATE: Closure of the Library
In order to prepare for the refurbishment project, Stony Stratford Library will be temporarily closing at 12.30pm on Saturday 5th June. It is envisaged that it will remain closed until Winter 2021 (dependent on whether the whole project goes ahead). Wolverton Library is the closest alternative and opens Tues-Fri 10am-4.30pm and Sat 10am-12.30pm. www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/libraries.
Stony Stratford Library Click and Collect
Stony Stratford Library Click and Collect service is temporarily unavailable until the Library reopens. Click and Collect services are available at the other Milton Keynes Libraries. For further details of the click and collect service please see: https://www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/libraries/library-community/click-collect.
5-7 Church Street
Tel: 01908 562562
COVID-19 UPDATE: You can still enjoy many library services online. Check the FAQs webpage for full details here. Online services on offer include access to eBooks, eAudiobooks, digital newspapers and magazines, databases, resources and children's activities. If you would like to contact the Milton Keynes Libraries service you can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can call from 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday on 01908 254050 and they will be happy to help. Please see https://www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/libraries for full details.
Your local Librarian celebrates 40 years of service!
Your local Stony Stratford Librarian Linda has just celebrated 40 years working for the library service this June 2020! What a fabulous service to the community. Well done Linda!
Home Library Service
Did you know that Milton Keynes Libraries also offer a home library service for those who love to read but find it difficult to visit a library. For further details on the home library service please see here.
Did you know?
- You can join from aged 1 day old.
- You can borrow books ( in several languages, and large print too) DVDs, CDs, magazines, books on CD or cassette and playstations games.
- We can get books from other libraries in the UK for you.
- Members get FREE access to computers for 30 minutes per day.
- You can visit the virtual library here and there are lots of online services available to members ( family history websites, newspapers, dictionaries …)
- You can send and receive faxes.
- You can join in LOTS of activities, meet authors, join reading groups or sing along at our children’s and babies’ stories, songs and rhymes sessions (dads are very welcome too).
- We are also open some evenings and Saturdays and even Sundays at Westcroft Library and at Kingston Library.
- You can hop on to the mobile library at one of the 71 places including a stop in Fullers Slade.
Come and join (remember to bring proof of ID like a driving licence or a recent bill) or if you have not visited us for a while then come and see us again.
Click here for more information.
Hire of the Library
The Library and meeting space are available to hire via the Town Council. For details please see here.