Stony Stratford Library has Reopened!
We are absolutely delighted to inform you that Stony Stratford Library is now OPEN again! There was a soft opening MK Libraries Service on Tuesday 22nd March 2022. The Mayor of Milton Keynes, Mohammed Khan, formally opened this fantastic newly refurbished amenity on Saturday 26th March. There was also a weekend of events from Friday 25th to Sunday 27th March 2022.
This has been a fantastic example of collaboration between the Town Council and its Principal Authority, Milton Keynes Council together with the help of local residents (on the 5-7 Church Street Working Group). The project would not have been possible without funding from the Public Works Loan Board (PWLB), MKC S.106 Carbon Neutrality Funding and an anonymous donor.
The first-floor kitchenette was funded by the Friends of Stony Stratford Library and the Community Foundation. We are sure this will be a very welcome addition for those who hire the library out for talks and events.
We wish to express our sincere thanks to all those involved.
Stony Stratford Library Opening Hours
We are delighted to confirm that the opening hours at StonyStratford Library have been extended with the support of our wonderful FoSSL volunteers (Friends of Stony Stratford Library). Starting 26th April the Library will be open Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 9am-5pm, Thursday 9am-7pm & Saturday 9am-1pm.
Stony Stratford Library is open as follows:
Monday ~ CLOSED
Tuesday ~ 9am-5pm
Wednesday ~ 9am-5pm
Thursday ~ 9am-7pm
Friday ~ 9am-5pm
Saturday ~ 9am-1pm
Sunday ~ CLOSED
5-7 Church Street
Tel: 01908 562562
Home Library Service
Did you know that Milton Keynes Libraries also offer a home library service for those who love to read but find it difficult to visit a library. For further details on the home library service please see here.
Did you know?
- You can join from aged 1 day old.
- You can borrow books ( in several languages, and large print too) DVDs, CDs, magazines, books on CD or cassette and playstations games.
- We can get books from other libraries in the UK for you.
- Members get FREE access to computers for 30 minutes per day.
- You can visit the virtual library here and there are lots of online services available to members ( family history websites, newspapers, dictionaries …)
- You can send and receive faxes.
- You can join in LOTS of activities, meet authors, join reading groups or sing along at our children’s and babies’ stories, songs and rhymes sessions (dads are very welcome too).
- We are also open some evenings and Saturdays and even Sundays at Westcroft Library and at Kingston Library.
- You can hop on to the mobile library at one of the 71 places including a stop in Fullers Slade.
Come and join (remember to bring proof of ID like a driving licence or a recent bill) or if you have not visited us for a while then come and see us again.
Click here for more information.
Hire of the Library
The Library and meeting space are available to hire via the Town Council. For details please see here.