Come to your Stony Stratford Annual Town Meeting 2017
To all residents of Galley Hill, Fullers Slade and Stony Stratford Town You are invited to Your Annual Town Meeting will be held on Wednesday, 26th April 2017 starting at 7.30pm at Swinfen Harris Church Hall, London Road, Stony Stratford MK11 1JA.
Please note that the Annual Town Meeting will include a ‘Man’s Best Friend’ Presentation where representatives from Canine Partners, Dogs For Good and Pets As Therapy charities will be presenting on how dogs make a difference to people’s lives and how they support them in their everyday living:
Man's Best Friend Presentation
Over 7,000 disabled people in the UK rely on an assistance dog to help with practical tasks - offering emotional support and independence. Come and hear about the amazing ways in which dogs help people live their everyday lives and the support that they give. Representatives from the following charities will be speaking (there will be an opportunity for questions afterwards). Some of the respresentatives will be attending with their own assistance dogs.
Canine Partners provide practical day to day assistance for people with physical disabilities with tasks that may be difficult to perform. They also provide increased confidence, independence and social interaction. (Registered charity no: 803680).
Dogs for Good
Assistance Dogs – for adults with physical disabilities (age 17%2B), children with physical disabilities (age 7–16) and children with autism (age 3-16). Dogs for Good also run Family Dog and Community Dog Services. (Registered charity no: 1092960).
Pets As Therapy
Pets As Therapy enhance health and wellbeing in the community through the visits of trusted volunteers with their behaviourally assessed animals. They provide a visiting service in hospitals, hospices, nursing and care homes, special needs schools and a variety of other venues all across the UK. (Registered charity no: 1112194).
1. To present the Annual Community Award 2016
2. ‘Man’s Best Friend’ Presentation – Representatives from Canine Partners, Dogs For Good and Pets As Therapy charities will be presenting on how dogs make a difference to people’s lives and how they support them in their everyday living
3. To receive apologies for absence
4. To accept minutes of the Annual Town Meeting held on 12 April 2016 as a true record
5. To receive the Annual Report of the Chair of Stony Stratford Town Council, Cllr Joan Walker MBE
6. To question the Chair on points raised in her report and other matters
Please remember that this is not a meeting of the Town Council. This is your meeting so come along and have your say. Ask questions and we’ll try to answer them.